Rebecca Phoebe was born silent on April 25, 2008. At the doctor's, I found no heartbeat and knew that while in labor, my angel was taken back. This blog is here for the benefit of me to write the tender things of my heart. It is also here for those that need to know they are not alone in whatever they have been called upon to bear.

If you are new to the blog, please start with " My Story".

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Reflection



Savannah on top, Phoebe below
I have always had a hard time seeing who my new little ones looked like.  Some would say that Savannah looks like my oldest, others would say Savannah has her own look.

I was looking at her one night when she was fast asleep wondering who she resembles.  And then it came to me.  I had been looking for an earthly resemblance forgetting, if possible, that she had another sibling.  As soon as I cleared my eyes, I saw her.  I saw Phoebe in Savannah's reflection.

It is a bittersweet thing to see Phoebe in her.  In a great way, it is a blessing because I can get a sneak peek of what Phoebe will look like when I get to raise her in the next life.  In another way, it makes my heart ache with the reminder that she isn't here.

I truly feel like Savannah, Phoebe, and Emily are all really good friends.  I love to see Savvy look at Emily with eyes that can see heavenly things with the expression of: I love you!  I missed you!  Phoebe sends her love.  I feel it.  I can see it.  And I ache to see the three together. 

We are coming up on two years.  Two years of many ups and downs since.  I find myself again, like last year, not really wanting to think about the upcoming anniversary.  I am grateful that my physical arms are not empty.  That I can nurture another little spirit.  I am grateful that I have been blessed with children.  I am grateful for the reflection I see in Savannah's face.  One of peace, love, contentment, and joy.  I am grateful I still get to see my Phoebe on a daily basis.  Even if it is by the means of a precious sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment