Rebecca Phoebe was born silent on April 25, 2008. At the doctor's, I found no heartbeat and knew that while in labor, my angel was taken back. This blog is here for the benefit of me to write the tender things of my heart. It is also here for those that need to know they are not alone in whatever they have been called upon to bear.

If you are new to the blog, please start with " My Story".

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Lessons

This past Sunday I showed the kids the video I made.  Bottom line.  Every single one misses their sister.  Each one take it differently. 

I watched my son's expression as he saw a picture of himself.  I saw the pain on his face.  I followed the tears down his face.  My gazed then went to our oldest.  Our stoic one.  One who likes to keep intense emotion to himself.  He too was crying very painful tears.  Our third was no different from his older brothers.  My poor little one.  His heart is still so tender for his sister he never got to hold. 

And then there are my younger two.  The innocence is still so strong for them.  The three-year-old asked why everyone was crying.  Then asked who was in the pictures.  "Savannah?" he asked.  When I mentioned Phoebe's name, he immediatly understood. 

After the slide show was over, my daughter was confused.  She asked, "Aren't we going to see Phoebe again?  Isn't she going to come back to life?"  Her confusion was there because she knows that when Christ comes back to this earth, we will once again be reunited.  Never to be separated.  She's happy, because she knows the good news.  The good news that if we live to the best of our ability in word and deed, we have been promised, forever. 

After the video of Phoebe, I showed them one I got of Savannah talking.  They were like proud parents.  I loved to see the smile and laugh through the tears they once had for their other sister.  They each gave me a hug and went on their way.

My children continue to teach me very valuable lessons.  It's okay to mourn.  And it's okay to be comforted.  It's okay to miss her, but we will see her again.  It's okay to need a hug every once in a while and then go off and play.  I love all of my children, Phoebe, you included. 

2 comments:

  1. {{{Michel Family}}}

    Phoebe is *so* lucky to have you!!!

    xoxo

    Grandma J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michel Family,

    I am so sorry to hear about your sweet baby girl. My sister-in-law sent me the link to your blog hoping that it would be comforting for me to read. Three weeks ago we had a similar experience. I went to the hospital at 39 wks because the baby had stopped moving, and he was gone.

    It was comforting reading your story and seeing all of the miracles that took place. We are now realizing all of the miracles that took place in our lives and how the Lord has blessed us through this whole expirience.

    Thank you for sharing this expirience, it has really helped.

    -Heidi

    ReplyDelete