Rebecca Phoebe was born silent on April 25, 2008. At the doctor's, I found no heartbeat and knew that while in labor, my angel was taken back. This blog is here for the benefit of me to write the tender things of my heart. It is also here for those that need to know they are not alone in whatever they have been called upon to bear.

If you are new to the blog, please start with " My Story".

Monday, July 13, 2009

Is Heavenly Father building a Heavenly Army?

Okay... so the grief continues... my dearest friend lost the closet thing to an earthly daughter last week. When she called, I was in the middle of changing a messy diaper and children who were hen pecking me. After I got that all settled I could hear in her voice that something was immediately wrong. I asked and she broke down crying. She never cries if she can help it.

She explained that her goddaughter had been riding in her daddy's big rig truck playing on the bed when they came up over a big hill where a big gust of wind flipped the truck. They found her under the truck.

Leann Emily was a sweet, beautiful, vibrant young lady of six. My friend describes her beautifully on her blog here.

Why do those around me need to experience the same heart-wrenching thing that I had to go through? Do we need more heavenly help on the other side of those who have had earthly bodies to fight the unseen fight? Are my Phoebe, Katherine, and Leann protecting those that I love the most that still have to sojourn here?

My love, my prayers, and my thoughts go to my friend and her family as the struggle with the sudden stillness of their home and lives. I only wish that the Comforter will be their best friend as they navigate through the murky waters of grief and tender mercies.

I love you DeeDee!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Rebecca. What an amazing experience. I cried as I read about your experience with your daughter. You have such a good perspective. Thank you for sharing the things that you have learned to help others. Thank you for sharing your testimony of God's eternal plan.

    ReplyDelete